June 22, 2009

They Don't Love You Like I Love You, Maps

Today I caught myself referring to printing out MapQuest directions as "the old fashioned way". Oh what a pretentious jerk my iPhone has made me -- just like the commercials promised!

Google Maps are a trip. I've experienced Street View before, mostly cruising down the streets of Las Vegas or past the landmarks in Seattle, but only tonight I discovered that the Streetviewmobile has made its rounds around our neighborhood. I don't know whether to be creeped out or utterly intrigued, but I spent nearly an hour at my computer screen looking around in nearly 360 degrees around my neighborhood. I then realized that I could easily just step outside and get the same experience and save myself the loading times.

I can get the full experience of stalking myself in real time; anywhere, anytime!

No comments: